The Blue Moon Day
By- Santhosh Sivaraj
Publisher- Invincible Publishers
Genre- Motivational, Fiction, Short Story
My Rating- 4.7/5
From The Back Cover-
Things were never the same for five ordinary individuals who got stuck at crossroads and there was no way they can run back. They had no other choice but to take a plunge into their deepest fear and leave the rest to destiny. Their characters were tested out of their comfort zone and it witnessed abstruse results; a PhD scholar fights to win a pizza making contest and a tennis prodigy running for his life in a war-torn, bloodied Island. Extreme circumstances and their consequences made these ordinary individuals extraordinary. Was the test imposed on them by someone? Or did they invite it on themselves? The Blue Moon Day is that Once in a Blue Moon day story which questions an individual’s priorities, ridicules the worldly routines and finally redefines happiness.
“I got the book as a part of the review program in Outset” hyperlinking outset to https://rakhijayashankar.blogspot.in ”
This book contains 5 Short stories-
- The Pizza Engineer- It is the story of a fat but intelligent Abhinav. Abhinav was looking for a job, but he could not get one even after his degree of a PhD. He faced failure in every interview he gave. But one day, he met a mysterious person. His life changed after that. He started doing those things, and amazingly nice, which he had never imagined doing in his life ever. From cleaning his house to participate in a Pizza Competition, his life changed completely after he met that old person on that fateful once in a lifetime Blue Moon Day.
- The Messenger- This is a short love story of two young persons Priya and Deepak. Everything was going fine in their life until their marriage. After the marriage, Priya faced constant clashes with the people in her laws house. Deepak managing his office, personal life and family all at the same time broke one day and lost all the 3 things in a flash. He got addicted to alcohol and lost hope. Hours changed to days, days changed to weeks and weeks changed to months. But he could not get anything back. That was the precise time when an old friend (Or not?) Entered his life and changed it. He guided him through his life and helped him restore everything.
- Not Today- It is a story of an extremely business-minded Vivi, who only thinks about profit and future. There is no place of present and love in his world. After a lot of difficulties, he got a leave from his office for a vacation with his family but he did not value it. He took the vacation as just a formality towards his family. He could not understand that he is also a part of his family and without him, there would be no happiness. But the vacation changed his life. He got trapped in a small hut captured by some tribals-men. He did not know that, ‘will he be alive the next day or not?’. He turned half mad. But again a mysterious old man entered his life and done some beautiful things there and changed not only his attitude towards life but his whole life.
- The Storyteller- It is a story of one old person Sankaran who after losing his wife lost him all hope and retired to an old age home. But he could not get comfortable at the Old-Age home also. He increased his troubles a bit more by residing there. One day he lost him all hope and tried to suicide. But it was not over for him yet. The next time he opened his eyes he was beside an old person in a hospital. He started talking to that person and liked his thoughts about the life. They decided that they will exchange their positions and will write letters to each other regularly and check that is it possible to change the life through hard work and positive thoughts. They both wrote regular to each other and they both experienced the changes in their life. It was more beneficial for Sankaran as he got not only his life back but got a new life instead. In the end, Sankaran gets a letter from the old man in which he told him that he was leaving the old-age home and will meet him soon. Sankaran could only wonder that who was that old person who changed his life entirely.
- The Heaven- It is a story of a story of a Tennis Player Prabha who lost his all hope after he came to knew that he had some serious medical problem. He had to got to a war-torn and bloodied island to meet a doctor who was the only ray of hope for him. But when he reached the Island he was shocked by seeing only death around himself. Blood was like water, present and flowing everywhere. Cries of Pain were like caws of Crows, unbearable and loud. There was only the scent of death present there. He himself saw dozens of people die before his eyes. His point-of-view changed towards the life and there was a major role of an old person, he met on that Island, in this transformation. In the end, Prabha faces the truth, the reality and of course the Heaven.
In the end, there is a chapter ‘The Blue Moon Day’ in which all the questions are answered and all the secrets are revealed.
The stories are truly inspirational and must-read. All 5 stories are connected together in some way by a single old man who is out there travelling all over the whole world to help those who have lost their hope.
The writing style is very good. The book is excellent as compared to being a debut novel of the author Santhosh Sivaraj. The work is very well researched and easy to understand. It teaches many important lessons in the form of short stories.
In a few places, you will feel a bit confused, but I recommend to read those places slowly and deeply and you will understand them.
Overall, It is a very good book and must be read by people of all ages.
Links To Buy The Book-